Hello everyone!

I’m Howard. I’ve been using cast iron cookware for 15 years now. I would have started sooner but my wife took some convincing. She still only let’s me use them for camping trips and cook-outs, but I’ll take what I can get. I’ve been in love with cast-iron cooking ever since I was a kid. It was a camping trip. Scouts. It was the best meal I’d ever had, and the scoutmaster showed me how to properly clean the cast-iron pan afterwards. It was so different from the way we washed pans at home, and I was fascinated. I have a pair of cast-iron frying pans, a cast iron crock-pot and my barbecue has cast iron grates.

Has your wife actually tasted the food you make in cast-iron? There’s no comparison.

She has. She doesn’t like it. She says she can taste the iron in the food. My food tends to be greasy too, I love a good fry-up, but she hates all the fat. She likes her food fat-free, dairy-free and gluten free, but she’d sooner eat Taco Bell than anything I cook for her.

That is a pity. Perhaps you can learn how to make something less greasy. A risotto perhaps? Do not tell her that you made it in cast-iron until after she has told you it is delicious! That is how I convinced my boss to let me use cast-iron in the restaurant!

There is a section for recipes. Perhaps there will be something there you can use to change her mind?

Maybe. It may not be worth the trouble I’ll get in for lying to her, but I’ll check the recipes section for inspiration anyway. Thank you.